Thursday, May 23, 2013

My research

As per a conversation I had earlier with Tarah and Matt, I won't be posting my entire research proposal on here, but since this blog is for you fellow McNair scholars and since you've all seen me present my project anyway, I'll just briefly describe what I've been doing lately in lab for now.

Generally this week was slow in lab. My research involves a lot of tests that take hours or days to complete, so I spent most of my time setting up conditions for research after the Kentucky trip. I didn't get the full 20 hours in lab - again because there isn't much I can start and leave for a week - but considering my schedule, I'm pretty happy with what I've accomplished.

Regarding the procedural side of things, since Monday I've grown a strain of yeast (SGY 102) which will be implanted with the specific plasmids from two bacterial strains (B181, B182) which I've extracted the DNA from and frozen for tomorrow's transformation.

Mostly what I've been doing this week is making myself anxious for the hardcore research I plan on doing upon our return from camp. I can't wait to have something more substantive to report to you all, including (dare I mention it) results!

No comments:

Post a Comment