Thursday, May 23, 2013

Concerning Strengths and Cohort Contributions

Considering my contributions (voice) in our cohort, I'd like to first consider my strengths according to strengthfinder.com (1 to 5, 1 being the strongest):

1. Self-Assurance
2. Command
3. Analytical
4. Intellection
5. Arranger

Now my 5 weakest qualities according to the site (1 to 5, 1 being the weakest):

1. Positivity (Har har...)
2. Harmony
3. Context
4. Connectedness
5. Includer

So, now having seen the spread, you're probably wondering why I haven't attempted to overthrow Lynn, Maureen, and Kim for sole dictatorial control over the program. I assure you, it's on the way, but for now (admittedly more realistically) I'm still trying to find where I stand within the group. As I mentioned to Miki (the other power-hungry, cold controller of the group) earlier today at the seminar, it's odd being in a hierarchy-free sort of arrangement like we have. I feel like what's inevitably going to happen is I'm going to rely more heavily on my 4th strength - intellection - by focusing on intellectual discussion and introversion. It's at least the most civil direction to go in I feel. My contributions will be limited to my analysis of whatever interesting debates/discussions are going on individually, with little effort in the sense of cohort-wide direction.

That's probably all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment