Sunday, June 23, 2013

What makes me really happy?

Well, it doesn't take much. I'm happiest when I'm in the company of a good book or friend. My idea of a perfect day is one that involves a lot of reading or good conversation, a comfortable place to sit, and coffee. Oh, also maybe a thunderstorm. I like those.

The thought of my family (especially my siblings) laughing and enjoying their lives also seems to do the trick. I realize that I'm different from them in a lot of ways and because of this it's not always possible for me to be the person that makes them happy, but knowing they are not suffering and are getting the decent life they deserve is really all I need to be able to enjoy my own life.

Solving problems also makes me really happy in a sort of "I belong here" kind of way. I think all humans crave the feeling of belonging and I satisfy that craving when I'm working on solving a particularly difficult problem, especially if it is in the company of other people that are equally dedicated to coming up with creative, innovative and original solutions.

PS. This question probably deserves a whole book, and I'm confident that I could write one just about my own life and what makes me really happy. Frankly though, ain't nobody got time for that, and if I'm going to leave out a crap load of stuff for brevity's sake anyway, I might as well stop at the 3 things that I immediately thought of.

4 comments:

  1. Our 3 hour chat today definitely made me happy. Until I found out I missed rehearsal (oops). We'll have to hang out more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally laughed out loud at the last paragraph. I was not expecting a Sweet Brown reference haha so fitting though! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, I thought it was important to at least hint at the fact that the internet and its ridiculousness also makes me pretty happy, Shantell.

      Delete